Position: Field Service Technician
Field tech will visit locations all around the state of CT so valid drivers license is a must. Also, for the right candidate, company car can be provided.
*** Local and Regional Relocation Opportunity*
The Car Wash Field Service Technician is responsible for equipment maintenance and repair, and for documenting related repairs and service. Also, may recommend changes in systems, programs, and equipment to improve reliability, increase capability. The Field Service Technician performs the following duties in the field with minimal supervision and coaching.
Essential Functions for the Car Wash Field Service Technician
- Technician performs periodic scheduled and preventive maintenance on equipment as assigned
- Technician responsible for accurately troubleshooting chemical, mechanical, electrical, controllers and power supplies.
- Performs diagnostic analysis and maintenance.
- Provide on-site technical repairs and upgrades as assigned for use, operation, and maintenance
- Assist in the installation of new carwash equipment
- Performs repairs, troubleshoots malfunctions as necessary
- Modifies or updates equipment when required
- Maintains tools, test equipment, and materials in a professional manner
- Maintains all company owned and leased equipment in proper condition
- Operate vehicle in a safe and courteous manner, while obeying local laws and regulations
- Accurately perceives information from management.
- Assures appropriate flow of information and reports matters clearly, concisely, and accurately to management.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with company procedures, compliance requirements, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as assigned
- HVAC, some Pneumatics, Welding Experience, and Metal Fabrication preferred but not necessary
- Have working knowledge of electrical (single phase and three phase high voltage), general plumbing
- Working environment highly conducive to self-motivated, organized, production-oriented individuals
- 2-5 years car wash mechanical aptitude and technician experience
- Requires technical knowledge and ability to develop improved methods for fulfilling responsibilities.
- Able to work Flexible Schedule or hours as needed
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to read and comprehend documents and follow simple instructions
- Understanding of low voltage control circuits and three-phase power
Physical. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, kneel, stoop, crouch, climb and use hands to grip regularly.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Prolonged periods of sitting.
- Maintain a professional appearance and grooming standards as outlined.
Personal Competencies: Extreme attention to detail and accuracy. Must be flexible to workdays, nights, and hours and/or weekends if necessary. This position has a varying work schedule and is required to participate in an on-call shift rotation. Some travel may be required. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision yet be flexible and have ability to work in a team environment.
Safety: Must adhere to all safety rules, policies, and regulations in relationship to OSHA and RSCW standards. Must be able to successfully pass a background check and have a clean driving record.
Compensation: 70,000 to 80,000 annually